Note for English Readers

If I write the articles in Indonesian, I will write a summary in English so that you can read my articles too. After you read the summary and you feel that you need more information about that, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail that can be found in my profile.

Thank you for reading my blogs.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Left-, Right-, and Middle-click on Clickpad

Last time, I have shared to you about how to activate right-click on clickpad by patching and recompiling the source of synaptics, at that time, synaptics version 1.4.0. Pat has upgraded the synaptics in Slackware- or Slackware64-current to version of 1.6.2. When I read the source of synaptics-1.6.2, I found that the click function of clickpad can be performed by clicking the clickpad using one, two, and three finger(s). I set the clickpad configuration for X-server, saved in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/clickpad.conf, as below:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad"
        Driver "synaptics"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        Option "TapButton1" "1"
        Option "TapButton2" "2"
        Option "TapButton3" "3"
        Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "on"
        Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "on"
        Option "VertEdgeScroll" "on"
        Option "HorizEdgeScroll" "on"
EndSection

By this configuration, I activate the behavior of click functions, vertical- and horizontal-scroll using two fingers, and also vertical-edge- and horizontal-edge-scroll that are very convinient for me. Click functions on my laptop can be performed such like this:

  • left-click: one-finger's click
  • right-click: two-finger's click
  • middle-click: three-finger's click


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to do as what you said, but It still did not work. My Laptop is Asus R500V

Unknown said...

It works for my laptop: HP Pavilion dv3-4000 series. I don't have your model so that I cannot check it, sorry ...